Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Walking on Sunshine

Old Navy blouse | Urban Outfitters skirt (old) $20 | Zara sandals (old) $20

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately as to how I want to continue with my blog. Originally I started it as a creative outlet through which I could express myself and learn what I like to wear and don't like to wear. Although, I like to dress well, I am not really passionate about fashion, clothes, finding the next it bag, shoes, jewelry, etc. I believe the pressure on girls to be the skinnest, wear the most expensive brands and look the prettiest contributes to a way of thinking that no matter what "I just don't have enough" or "I am not good enough". Statistics show that out of all clothes you have, only 20% of it you really use and wear, the rest 80% you never do. You look at something in the store/online and think there might come a day when I might wear it and by it based on that belief. Why no take that 80% and donate to someone who actually needs it. I've started a major revamp of my closet and split everything into 3 sections: keep, throw away and donate. I feel a lot lighter, less consumed and less attached to "things". I do realize that this is not possible for everyone to do, but everyone can become more conscious about it. Buy an item only if you really really really love it. Here on out my blog posts will mainly consist of outfits I create and recreate as I continue to downsized my wardrobe (get the creative juices really flowing). For a while now, I've cut out shopping for clothes, shoes, jewelry completely. And it feels so good! Now I spend my money on valuable experiences, eating a clean and healthy diet and things that really enrich my Spirit. Have you ever thought, wanted or did downsize your wardrobe?

In other news, I have a writing blog which you can read {here}. 

Thanks for reading if you made it till the end. 
When your cup is full stop pouring. ~ Lao Tzu

13 comments:

  1. Cute Look! I love the colours!
    xoxo
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a limited closet space here and anytime it overflows I go on a cleaning spree and donate items that I have not worn in the past 6 months or a year! It feels so good and light after that!
    Honestly, after blogging my shopping frequency has increased and these days I'm actually trying to go low on shopping! I think I have enough clothes to last me a life time!;)
    BTW, love this monochromatic yellow look! So fresh and spring'y'!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirt, looks great with you skin tone. Following you now! Thanks for the follow. xoxoxo

    http://bridgetmarowski.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply WOW! You rock that style! Love, Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the post!! That is exactly what I've been doing!! I love to dress up but m not a brand addict.. You look lovely and the color really suits you!!!

    Love
    Mehak
    www.thedoublemlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loveeeeeee this look, Kajal! Also, I need to do a major closet cleanse as well. I need to get on that, next week. Hopefully, I'll be able to detach and really get rid of things I know I'm never gonna use anymore!

    Dhruvi
    Stilettos & Sequins

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a good point Kajal, blogging does make you want the clothes that one could have done without. For me, I have shopped enough this year in the name of birthdays, valentines day, anniversary, etc. Been on a self-shopping ban for a month, and realized that I could still create outfits which were fresh and new. Hoping this shopping ban becomes a habit now :)
    ~ashy
    http://thezingofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh btw, I completely missed to add this..you look HAWT in that citrus mini! LOVE it on you :)
    ~ashy
    http://thezingofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photography.
    Loving your blog!
    perhaps you'd like to follow each other.
    Let me know.

    I follow allright.

    Greetings Emma Wunderbar.

    http://emma-wunderbar.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This bright outfit is perfect for brightening everybody's day! It's so cheery :)

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! I admire you and wish I could do that! Maybe someday I'll follow in your footsteps;)! P.S. You need to do what works for you and makes you happy! It's your unique spin on things that sets you apart from others:)! As for the neon, it's absolutely beautiful and you're totally working this look! I love the skirt:)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bright combo! www.thefffsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this look! You look like a ray of sunshine. Such a beautiful look - I'd wear it in a heartbeat! xo

    ReplyDelete